Welcome back to Dove Hill for the 2014-15 school year. We are excited to start a new year with our returning and new students. Our instructional theme for this year is "Reach, Teach, and Inspire." We believe students learn best when teachers make connections to "reach" each child. Making these connections will help him or her be more motivated to listen and learn from their teachers and classmates. We want to create a learning environment that will inspire students to do beautiful work. Also Common Core Standards are in place and teachers are designing lessons to support the 4 C's -- Critical Thinking, Communication, Collaboration, and Creativity. We want to build a foundation for our 21st Century learner and help each child reach their career and college goals. Thank you in advance for supporting our program and supporting your child.
Welcome to Ms. Jennifer Chavez, our new Health Clerk. She is a long time community member and volunteer. Ms. Chavez was recently our office clerk and we are fortunate to have her continue to provide support to our Dove Hill Family.
Teaching assignments have also changed for the following teachers:
Mr. Miyasaki - 5th/6th combo
Ms. Mackey - 5th Grade
Ms. Chong - 4th Grade
Ms. Hanson - 2nd Grade
Ms. Thomson has moved to Millbrook School.
Dove Hill is a Secure Campus
for the protection of all students.
* No parent is allowed in the restrooms, cafeteria, or on the playground during school hours.
* No unauthorized adults are allowed on campus when school is in session.
* Please do not go directly to the classroom during class time. If you need to give your child a message, medication, homework, lunch money, etc.
please go directly to the office. We will deliver the information to your child as soon as possible.
* Please pick up and drop off your child at the front gates.
The safety of all our students is of utmost importance to us.
* Parking Lot Speed is 5 miles per hour or slower for student safety.
* Students need to be escorted through the crosswalks in the parking lot.
The drive-through lane is ONLY for drop-off and pick-up of students in the designated white curb area. Parking is not permitted.
* Buses receive priority in the drive through lane.
* RED CURB- It is unlawful to stand, or park a vehicle whether the vehicle is attended or unattended. EMERGENCY vehicles need access .
* Disabled Parking- It is unlawful for any person to park or leave standing any vehicle in a stall designated for disabled persons without proper
As we begin planning for 2014-2015 enrollments, the following dates are important to keep in mind:
Renewal of Interdistrict Transfer Requests Accepted Through Thursday, May 29, 2014
If your child is currently attending an Evergreen School District school on an Interdistrict Transfer (i.e. you reside in another school district), you will need to begin the renewal process at your resident district office. Interdistrict Transfers must be renewed yearly. If your child has not been approved for an Interdistrict Transfer by your resident school district and Evergreen School District, he/she will not be placed in a class. We will begin the review of renewals for the 2014-2015 school year during this time frame.
School Choice Transfer Requests Accepted Monday, April 28 – Thursday, May 22, 2014
If you are a resident of the Evergreen School District but wish for your child to attend an Evergreen school other than your home school, you must complete a School Choice Transfer Request form. “School Choice” placements are dependent on space availability and are offered on a lottery system. Transportation is the responsibility of the parent and will not be provided by the district. Forms will be available at your neighborhood school and at the Evergreen School District Office at 3188 Quimby Road after Monday, March 3, 2014. Completed requests will be accepted at the District Office during the request window: Monday, April 28 through Thursday, May 22, 2014. Requests received after Thursday, May 22, 2014 will not be included in the lottery. These requests will be put on a waiting list.
New Interdistrict Transfer Requests Accepted Monday, March 3 – Thursday, May 29, 2014
If you live outside the Evergreen School District attendance area, are planning to have your child enrolled at one of our schools, and have not requested an Interdistrict Transfer from your resident school district, you must start the process of requesting an Interdistrict Transfer at your resident district office. Approved transfers from your resident district office should be received by the Evergreen School District Office (3188 Quimby Road San Jose, CA 95148) within this window of time.
The crosswalks next to Dove Hill on Colt Way are designated as "Safe Zones." Pedestrians, children and adults are given the 'right of way.' The 'right of way' means the driver must STOP and allow the people in the crosswalks to pass safely. The school does not monitor the crosswalks. Please support our efforts to keep everyone safe by adhering to all Traffic Laws. To report unsafe driving, please call: (408) 534-2900.
* Assist your child, but don't do the work for them. Don't answer the question for your child. Homework is a way to help your child learn to be independent.
* Stay in touch with your child's teacher. Ask their teacher what you can do to help your child.
* Help your child learn to manage their time. Set a regular time for homework each day.
* Have your child read aloud to you every night. As you read together, stop and ask questions.
EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!